Remove yourself as a member of a Schoology Course
As a teacher, you may have Schoology courses in your course listing that do not belong to you or you do not want to be a member of anymore. Deleting a Schoology course, deletes it for all members in the course. You should only delete courses that were manually created. Teachers should not delete courses that were generated from eSchool. These are real courses with teachers and students in them and they are tied to eSchool. Please read the information below BEFORE deleting a Schoology course. Instead, teachers should remove themselves as a member of the course. This will remove the course from your course listing. If you have questions, email Karen Ammann or Courtney Kalbach.
Follow these instructions to remove a Schoology course from your course listing:
Step 1: Check the members of the Schoology course.
- Open the Schoology course.
- Click Members from the menu on the left.
Step 2: Review the members of the course.
- If there are other teachers and students in this course, do NOT delete it. This course is used by real teachers and real students in the district. If you delete the course, you will delete it for all members and no one will have access to the course. Move on to step 3.
- If you are the only member in the course or you have consulted the other members in the course and all members want the course deleted, put in a technology ticket with Incident iQ.
Step 3: Remove yourself from the course.
- Within the Members section of the course, locate your name.
- Click the gear.
- Select unenroll.
- This will remove you from the course and the course will no longer be on your course listing.
- There must be at least one administrator in the course in order for a teacher/admin to unenroll themselves. The admins are identified with a shield icon next to their names. If you are the only course admin in the course, then you cannot remove yourself. If this is the case, please contact the Red Clay Help Desk or Courtney Kalbach or Karen Ammann.