The Red Clay Consolidated School District has permissioned that the Schoology Blog is only available to teachers and administrators. The purpose of blogs are to connect with other Schoology users and educators while expanding your PLN (Personal Learning Network) by sharing and reflecting on your teaching experiences.
- Before using the Schoology Blog, be sure to check your personal privacy settings. Click the arrow at the top right corner next to your name. Then click Privacy from the dropdown menu.
- Change the privacy setting for the blog and other content by clicking the empty boxes. The left column correlates with the type of content in question. The column headings indicate the level of user that has access to view the information contained in the content.
- Students and teachers have the ability to edit their privacy settings.
- To learn more about setting Privacy controls for your Schoology profile, click here.
- Create a blog post from your profile page by clicking your name in the top right corner of the Schoology screen, or post to your Personal Blog by clicking the More button at the top of the updates feed.
- To learn how to create a blog post, read the Schoology Help Center article, by clicking here!
- Important features to note:
- You have access to the Rich Text Editor in a blog, which you do not have access to when you post an Update.
- After posting to your blog, you can automatically post to Twitter and/or Facebook. Remember, only Schoology users can read your blog and you must have your privacy permissions set so that anyone in your Organization can view them.
- You can subscribe to blogs. By subscribing, you will be notified that the author posts a new blog.
- Share your blog post using the link. Remember, only Schoology users can read your blog and you must have your privacy permissions set so that anyone in your Organization can view them.