Teacher of the Year Nominations
We encourage you to seek nominations from a variety of sources including staff, students, parents and community. As you seek nominations, know that teachers recognized as the Red Clay School District Teacher of the Year within the past three (3) years are not eligible. Ensure your candidates meet the following state criteria as per Title 14 Education - Delaware Administrative Code.
- Nominees must meet all requirements for a Standard Certificate for the position held and hold a valid and current license, as approved by the Professional Standards Board, Department of Education and State Board of Education.
- Teachers who have received recognition as a Delaware State Teacher of the Year are not eligible for nomination.
- Those who have been recognized as a District Teacher of the Year in the previous three years are not eligible for nomination.
- Have taught, continuously or intermittently, for an accumulative period of three years or more in a Delaware public school prior to the date of such person's nomination (may be a Librarian if they spend most of their day instructing children).
- Have been formally nominated.
- Must be actively teaching in their district or charter school in this state at the time of their nomination.
- Continue to actively teach in the nominating district or charter school for the duration of the school year of their nomination. If the nominee chooses to leave the district or charter school during the selection period the district or charter school shall submit another nominee.
Follow the link or scan the bar code below for the 2020 Red Clay Teacher of the Year Nomination Form.