A.I.H.S. GRADUATION CHEAT SHEET
- The A.I.H.S. graduation ceremony will take place on Saturday, June 1 at 12:30pm. The doors will open at 11:45 am.
- The ceremony will be held at the 76ers Fieldhouse at 401 Garasches Lane in Wilmington, DE 19801.
- The Fieldhouse is located off of Route 13 Northbound less than 1 mile outside the city of Wilmington.
- The ONLY entrance to the Fieldhouse is from Rt. 13 North.
- If you are coming from the city on Rt. 13 S you will need to make a U-turn south of the Fieldhouse.
- Please allow plenty of time for travel. Guests should plan to arrive by 12:30pm to avoid disrupting the ceremony.
- A limited number of handicap parking spaces will be available for guests with a handicap hang tag/plate. These spots are located near the main entrance.
- Handicap seating is limited and will be provided on the floor level for handicap guests and one companion.
- The majority of the parking is located a short distance from the main entrance (please see map).
- Parking is limited so carpooling is recommended.
- Graduates must arrive by 11:45am. Graduates will enter to the right of the main entrance near the end of the building.
- Grads who arrive late will NOT participate in the ceremony. BE ON TIME!
- All students received 8 tickets at graduation practice on Thursday. Tickets are provided by the Fieldhouse and contain a scan code. No tickets will be available for purchase at the event.
- All guests over the age of 3 require a ticket. Due to space restrictions strollers and car seats are not recommended.
- Tickets can be left for guests arriving at a different time at the “will call” table to the right of the main entrance.
- The Fieldhouse has a bag check policy.
- All bags will be searched by event security upon entry to the building. Please allow a few minutes for this security procedure.
- Guests may bring 1 unopened bottle of water. Prohibited items include other food and drink, noisemakers, balloons, signs, tripods, horns, posters, confetti, etc.
- Confiscated items will be held until after the ceremony.
- Professional photographers from Lifetouch Studios will be photographing each graduate. Please check diploma envelope for information.
- Guests MAY NOT walk down to the floor level to take photos.
- Flower bouquets will be available for purchase at the Fieldhouse, or in advance online (see site below).
- Flowers cost between $20-$30. Cash and credit are accepted online or at the event.
- Visit www.thecommencementgroup.com/aidupont/ to purchase in advance and pick up at event.
- Graduates will exit the floor of the Fieldhouse through the turf field area.
- Prior to exiting diplomas will be distributed to all students whose obligations have been met.
- Graduates will exit the building through the same door in which they entered.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony all guests will be directed to the doors at the stage end of the building .
- The ceremony should last about 90 minutes. Due to all Red Clay schools graduating on this day, students and guests will not be permitted back inside.
- Guests for the next graduation ceremony are allowed to enter the building starting at 2:30pm.
- Please make every effort to clear the building and parking lot to make room for the next ceremony.
- There should be noise makers of any kind used during the ceremony.
- Please limit your celebrations to clapping and quick cheers so that all graduates names can be heard. We want to make this an enjoyable and pleasant experience for all participants.
- Any cell phone use or other poor behavior by students during the ceremony will result in their diploma being held.
- Held diplomas will be available for pick up starting Monday, June 3 at 8:00 am in the guidance office.
- Students who still have a school obligation will not receive their diploma until they resolve the obligation.
- Unresolved obligations can be cleared starting Monday, June 3 at 8:00 am in the main office.
Congratulations to the class of 2019 - we wish you luck in all you do.