Student Dress Code
The following guidance shall govern the dress of students in RCCSD schools. The RCCSD believes that:
● All students should be provided the environment, resources and commitment necessary to ensure that they succeed.
● Students and their parents/guardians hold the primary responsibility in determining their personal attire, hairstyle, jewelry, etc.
● Schools are responsible for ensuring that student dress does not interfere with the health or safety of any student and does not contribute to a hostile or intimidating environment for any student.
● Schools are responsible for the safety of the school community.
● Students should be able to dress in a manner that expresses their individuality without fear of unnecessary discipline or body shaming.
● Students and staff are responsible for managing their own personal distractions.
● Students should not face unnecessary barriers to attending school. Specialized Classes/Programs
● Clothing must be suitable for all scheduled classroom activities, including physical education, science labs, CTE classes, and other activities where unique hazards or specialized attire or safety gear is required. Dress Code
● Students must wear clothing including both a shirt with pants or skirt, or the equivalent.
● The torso must be covered and undergarments must not be visible.
● Students must wear shoes with a sole.
● Hats and other head coverings are not to be worn in schools except in cases of medical, and religious reasons.
Clothing may not:
● depict, advertise or advocate the use of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or other controlled substances.
● depict pornography, nudity or sexual acts.
● share or depict hate speech.
● Depict violence or threaten the health or safety of any other student or staff member.
This policy permits schools approved through RCCSD Administrative Memorandum 8001.7 School Uniform to continue with their policy provided that it is gender neutral and inclusive of attire worn for religious reasons. Schools adhering to this administrative memorandum should also follow the consequences below.