Multicultural Student Union
The Multicultural Student Union (MCSU): aims to foster an energetic, peaceful, and safe environment where students from different cultures, ethnicities, and nationalities can interact, work together, and learn about each other; promoting appreciation for self and others.
The purpose of the club is as follows...
- To increase awareness and appreciation for multicultural issues, history, and culture among the student body at John Dickinson High School;
- To create a clearer identity and opportunities for involvement in the life of the high school for students of diverse cultural backgrounds;
- To teach others about cultural diversity and the importance of how diversity drives innovation and success;
- To create an awareness of the heritage of multiple cultures and their contributions to the builiding of our nation;
- To promote an inclusive atmosphere within the school so culturally diverse students are cultivated to be effective leaders;
- To promote academic excellence, self-determination, self-worth, school spirit, and unity among the student body at John Dickinson High School.
Teacher Advisor: Dion Hutt (Dion.Hutt@redclay.k12.de.us)
President: Samra Arshad
Vice President: Ashley Clark
Follow us on Twitter: @jdhs_mcsu