Automated Messages and School Closing Notifications
Red Clay makes every effort to ensure that you are notified as early as possible when school is closed due to inclement weather. We use redclayschools.com, the automated messaging service SchoolMessenger, Red Clay’s social media accounts, schoolclosings.delaware.gov and major news and radio channels when the decision is made to close school.
Here are some tips to ensure you receive these important notifications:
Automated Calls, Texts and Emails via SchoolMessenger
We use the automated messaging service SchoolMessenger to send you school closing announcements via call, text and email. These messages will go to the contact information that you have on file with your child’s school.
To add or remove a phone number, please contact your child's school.
To change your communication preferences (e.g., receive texts instead of calls):
- Go to infocenter.schoolmessenger.com.
- Click the Sign Up button on the top of the page, or download the InfoCenter App from the App Store or Google Play Market.
- Enter the email address that you have on file with your child's school and create a password. An email will be sent to that email address with a secure token.
- If you receive an error message saying “This email is already registered” that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
- After authenticating via your email address, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
- Every guardian has their own email address on file. If you do not see a number, it might be listed on the other guardian's account.
- Sometimes our automated emails can windup in the Junk/Spam/Clutter folder. Follow these steps to check your mail settings and remove blocks.