The Dickinson School-Based Health Center (SBHC) is a partnership between Christiana Care Health Services, Red Clay Consolidated School District, and the Delaware Division of Public Health. This letter is an invitation to sign up your child in the SBHC.
Health care in the SBHC is provided by a multi-disciplinary team. A Nurse Practitioner, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Licensed Professional Counselor of Mental Health, and a Registered Dietitian provide care at your child’s school.
To sign up your child in the SBHC:
- Up-to-date insurance information is needed if your child is insured. No co-pay, co-insurance or deductible will be charged to you and no one will be turned away based on ability to pay.
- Please review, fill out and sign the attached Consent Form.
- Fill out attached Student Registration Form and Health History Form
- Return completed enrollment/registration forms to the SBHC
SBHC services offered:
- Counseling (individual, family, and group)
- Health education/risk reduction
- Crisis intervention and suicide prevention
- Nutrition/weight management
- Pregnancy testing
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- HIV testing
- Reproductive Health Services (birth control/Depo-Provera/NuvaRing/Nexplanon/condoms) available at approved high schools
- Physicals (sports, school, or pre-employment)
- Health screenings
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses/injuries
Please know that your child’s pediatrician or family doctor is still your child’s main doctor. SBHC does not take the place of your child’s pediatrician or family doctor, and SBHC doctors and nurses will work with your child’s main doctor to care for your child. The SBHC offers services that may round out the care provided by your main doctor. When appropriate, and with your permission, we will try to share medical information with your child’s doctor to prevent any duplication of health care services, and to take the best care of your child. If your child does not have a doctor, we can help you find one.
The SBHC staff thanks you for your time. Together with you and your child’s main doctor, we will work towards keeping your child healthy and in school. Please encourage your child’s pediatrician or family doctor to call the SBHC with questions. If you have questions or need more information, please call the Dickinson School-Based Health Center at (302) 892-3270.
Leighanne Hollans, LCSW, Site Coordinator
Click below for a printable membership application:
Wellness Center Application (12 and over)