Meet Red Clay's new Benefits Specialist and quilting extraordinaire, Pat Bond.
What excites you the most about your new role?
More than anything it's the chance to meet new people and work with a great team. I worked for my last district for 22 years and change can be exciting—and a little scary to be honest!
What are your goals in your position?
My first goal is to familiarize myself with the differences between the systems I’ve known for many years, and the way things are done in Red Clay. Each district handles benefits in its own way and it’s very interesting to see those differences.
What's the best thing about working in the world of employee benefits?
In this role, you usually end up talking to every single employee at one point or another. I love that I get to know so many different people and help them all in some small way.
If I weren’t a Benefits Specialist, I would...
Work in a quilt shop! Quilting is such a creative outlet for me. There's a terrific modern movement and today’s quilts are a lot different from those our grandmothers made.
Originally from California, Pat brings with her a whopping 32 years of experience in school finance and employee benefits/compensation.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't—you're right." –Henry Ford
Career at a Glance
- Accounting Clerk, Bakersfield City School District, Bakersfield, CA 1984
- Financial Analyst, Bakersfield City School District, Bakersfield, CA 1988
- Business Office Secretary, Colonial School District 1994–2001
- Benefits Coordinator, Colonial School District 2001–2016
- Benefits Specialist, Red Clay Consolidated School District 2016