COVID-19 Testing for Students and Staff
In partnership with the Delaware Department of Health and Quidel, Red Clay schools offer weekly COVID-19 testing for students and staff.
- Testing is voluntary but highly recommended. It is free of cost to you so no insurance information is needed, nor will you ever be asked to pay for these tests.
- Testing will primarily be done through self-swabbing and monitored by medical staff on site. School staff will not be doing the testing.
- The test used for this program is the Quidel QuickVue.
- Results and communication will be sent electronically to the email and contact information used for registration. Results are primarily shared every 15-30 minutes.
- If your child tests positive, the school will contact you directly.
COVID-19 testing is one way that students and staff can help to reduce the risk of spread in Red Clay schools. The process helps to identify individuals who may be positive for COVID-19 and are not currently experiencing symptoms.