What is the Early College Academy at AIHS?
- A Red Clay Consolidated School District program exclusively at AIHS
- A new approach to high school, providing the opportunity for students to simultaneously earn a high school diploma and college credits
- A program partnered with a local university
- A head start on a successful career
The Early College Academy:
- Embodies a collaboration among Alexis I. du Pont High School, the Red Clay Consolidated School District, and Wilmington University
- Targets students entering ninth and tenth grades
- Represents a new approach to high school, with the opportunity to simultaneously earn a high school diploma and college credits
- Jump starts the college experience for eligible high school students
- Accesses the rigor of college in the context of a supportive environment
- Transitions students into a university community
- Provides access to resources and materials to assist them with their coursework
- Affords the same opportunities to participate in sports and extra-curricular activities
What are some main qualities an Early College Academy student should exhibit?
- Academic drive
- Time management
Students in the ECA will still have the opportunity to:
- Participate in sports
- Participate in extra-curricular activities, including the band
- Enjoy all opportunities available to the AIHS community
How Do I Get Admitted to the Early College Academy?
- Completely fill out the application in accordance with all posted deadline
- We will notify those selected via email after the application deadline has passed