Manufacturing and Engineering Technology
Students in the Manufacturing Engineering Technology pathway learn how to construct safe and efficient structures.
The processes of Design and Engineering pathway is for those students who like to apply STEM concepts (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) to solve real world problems. This pathway is broken down into 4 different levels with a focus on critical thinking to solve problems with real-world applications. Subjects include measurement, drafting, and computer aided design, prototyping, structures, architecture, civil, electrical and mechanical engineering, hydraulics, transportation engineering and systems control technology. All students are members of the Technology Students Association (TSA).The purpose of the Engineering Technology program is to teach critical thinking and inspire students to develop new ways to solve technological challenges.There are about 100 students in the program yearly. About 15% of this number are female.We participate in many open competitions aligned with the curriculum, but the largest number of these are sponsored by the Technology Student Association (TSA)In the last 3 years, students enrolled in the engineering program have received awards in the following areas:Co2 Dragster Second place (2022) and Third (2022)Flight Endurance First place (2020) and second (2020)
What Am I Studying?
Coursework & College Credit
- Foundations of Technology
- Advanced Design Applications
- Process of Design and Engineering 3
- Physical Technology Research/Development
- Seniors approved for Co-Op may apply to an internship offered by PEPCO focusing on Information Technology and Engineering
- Completion of 3-year pathway earns 3 credits at UMES and DTCC
- AutoDesk Inventor
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10-hr
How am I involved?
- Student-run business: McKean Boat and Wood Works
- Member of TSA - Technology Students Association
Where will it take me?
- Electrician's apprentice
- HVAC Apprentice
- Plumbing Apprentice
- Line worker
- Machine operator
- Military recruit
- Journey Tradesperson
- Military Technologist
- Line Supervisor
- Assembly Technician
- Licensed Tradesperson
- Project Manager
- Military Officer