Facilitator: Tawanda J Bond, Director of Equity & Strategic Partnerships
Diversity Committee’s Mission Statement
The committee will ensure that diversity, in all its forms, is respected and valued by promoting and advancing an environment of inclusiveness to ensure that our students are prepared to enter an increasingly diverse and changing world.
Diversity and Equity Core Values
- High Expectations for All
We believe all students will learn and be successful and we recognize that students have different learning styles and we must provide equitable support.
- Continuous Improvement
We will continue to develop diverse and inclusive curricula that reflect the wide range of voices, perspectives, and experience of the students and families in our community and the world.
- Meaningful Collaboration
We understand the benefit of collaboration in providing equitable access to services, school resources and other learning opportunities to eliminate educational inequities.
- Rich Diversity
We believe in meeting the needs of a growing and diverse student population and understand that by valuing and supporting our multicultural and multilingual students and their families, students will be more successful.
Focus Areas for Equitable Change
Strategic Goal 1 / Academic Excellence
- - Collect, analyze and utilize district and school data as it pertains to equity
- - Design and coordinate admin PD in the area of equity and social justice
Strategic Goal 2 / Future Ready
- - Diversify enrollment and support success in high rigor coursework
Strategic Goal 3 / Success for All
- - Increase and improve cultural awareness of all admin, teachers, staff, students, and families
- - Develop student engagement and learning opportunities regarding diversity and inclusion
- - Improve communication with community regarding diversity initiatives
- - Streamline connections between schools and community based systems for our schools
Focus Area 1 / High Quality Educators
- - Recruit, hire and retain minority teachers, administrators and staff reflective of our student needs and population
Diversity Committee Agendas & Minutes
Diversity Committee Meeting 2020-2021
Tuesday, August 25, 2020 - 4:15 - 6:00 pm - Virtual Zoom
Tuesday, September, 29, 2020 - 4:15 - 6:00 pm - Virtual Zoom
Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 4:15 - 6:00 pm - Virtual Zoom
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 - 4:15 - 6:00 pm - Virtual Zoom
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 - 4:15 - 6:00 pm - TBD
Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - 4:15 - 6:00 pm - TBD
Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 4:15 - 6:00 pm - TBD
Summer Meeting 1 - TBD
Back to School Meeting - TBD
* There will not be a November meeting due to Choice Open Houses