About the Committee
The Red Clay Diversity Committee serves to ensure that diversity, in all its forms, is respected and valued by promoting and advancing an environment of inclusiveness in Red Clay schools.
2021-22 Agendas and Minutes
High Expectations for All
We believe all students will learn and be successful and we recognize that students have different learning styles and we must provide equitable support.
We will continue to develop diverse and inclusive curricula that reflect the wide range of voices, perspectives, and experience of the students and families in our community and the world.
We understand the benefit of collaboration in providing equitable access to services, school resources and other learning opportunities to eliminate educational inequities.
We believe in meeting the needs of a growing and diverse student population and understand that by valuing and supporting our multicultural and multilingual students and their families, students will be more successful.
Focus Areas for Equitable Change
Strategic Goal 1: Academic Excellence
- Collect, analyze and utilize district and school data as it pertains to equity
- Design and coordinate admin PD in the area of equity and social justice
Strategic Goal 2: Future Readiness
- Diversify enrollment and support success in high rigor coursework
Strategic Goal 3: Success for All
- Increase and improve cultural awareness of all admin, teachers, staff, students, and families
- Develop student engagement and learning opportunities regarding diversity and inclusion
- Improve communication with community regarding diversity initiatives
- Streamline connections between schools and community based systems for our schools
Focus Area 1: High-Quality Educators
- Recruit, hire and retain minority teachers, administrators and staff reflective of our student needs and population
Meetings are open to the public. Members of the general public may speak for up to three minutes per person at the beginning of each meeting. For more information, contact the committee chair.
2022-23 Meeting Schedule
* August 10, 2022 Kickoff Meeting - 10 am - 12:00 pm - Stanton Middle School Multi Purpose Room
September 19, 2022 - 4:30 pm (changed from 9/27 due to open house conflicts)
November 29, 2022 - 4:30 pm
January 31, 2023 - 4:30 pm
April 4, 2023 - 4:30 pm (previously March 28)
Meetings are held via Zoom, unless otherwise noted.
Director of Equity and Strategic Partnerships