DeSSA (State Testing)
In the spring, Smarter testing is given in reading and mathematics for students in grades 3-8 DeSSA is given in science (grades 5, 8 and High School Biology) and Social Studies (grades 4, 7, 11).
DeSSA Alt-1/ Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) isthe alternative test for students with severe cognitive disabilities. English Language Learners take ACCESS until demonstrating proficiency in English.
In addition, the state supports the administration of several college readiness tests: SAT (spring, grade 11) and PSAT (spring, grade 10). Red Clay students also take the PSAT (spring, grades 8 and 9). Red Clay will provide grade 11 students with optional PSAT testing in the fall to qualify for National Merit Scholarships.
DOE Student Security Videos
2020-21 Smarter Balanced Test Blueprints
- DeSSA Test Security for Elementary Students , Spanish
- DeSSA Test Security for Students Grades 6-8
- DeSSA Test Security for High School SAT
- Various Reporting Sites with State Test Data
- Red Clay’s Help Sheet for DeSSA Online Reports (Smarter)
Performance Plus Reports with Smarter Data
- DOE page
- DOE: PerformancePLUS Reference Guide
- DOE: How to Create Measure A Target Report in Performance Plus
New Desmos Calculator for Math
Smarter Math will use Desmos this year.
Links below can be used instructionally
Smarter Interim Assessment Blocks (IABs) Resources
IABs are flexible assessments used in grades 3-8 in order to provide actionable feedback. Training is required.
- Red Clay Help Sheet for IABs
- Blueprints ELA and Math
- Digital Library Connection Playlists (bottom of page)
- Making Sense of IAB Data
Digital Library Resources
- Digital Library Access (register if you don’t have an account)
- Digital Library quick-start guide
- Digital Library user guide: Ten tips from the National Network of State Teachers of the Year (NNSTOY)
- Digital Library User Guide
- DOE page with detailed information and webinars to maximize use of the digital library
State Resources for Families includes handouts and links to additional resources such as:
State Resources for Educators (includes presentations, FAQ, guides)
DeSSA Science and Social Studies (Pearson)
Testing Resources http://delaware.pearsonaccessnext.com/
Brochures For Families