JUNE 8, 2020
GRADUATION DAY - Congratulations McKean class of 2020!!!
Follow along for a day full of celebration leading up to the virtual ceremony at 6pm
- Red Clay's link (including the virtual ceremony)
- Twitter: @WeAreMcKean, @McKeanPrincipal
- Instagram: @WeAreMcKean, @McKeanPrincipal
- Facebook: Thomas McKean High School (@OfficialMcKean)
See below for graduation details, picutres, and shout-outs!
End of Year Collection and Distribution 12th Graders ONLY
WHAT: Collecting chromebooks and chargers, sports uniforms, and other school property. Giving any of your personal property that you left in the building, award certificates for select students, your diploma, your final transcript, 5 graduation programs printed, a 5x7 photo of graduates with diplomas courtesy of LifeTouch Photography, and several gifts for every graduate.
WHEN: At McKean High School: June 9th from 2pm - 6pm (first come, first served; no alphabetical order)
HOW: Anyone entering the building or interacting within 6 feet of another person must wear a mask. However, our goal is that students won’t need to leave their vehicles.
- Basic Procedure: Students/Parents will FIRST pull into the Student or Upper parking lot (we’ll have staff and signs to direct you). Vehicles will pull up to the collection tents. We will collect a Chromebook and Charger from every graduate. Some graduates have sports uniforms that we need back. Once we collect your items, we’ll send you to the bus lane in the lower lot.
- We’ll have stations set up that you can drive past to collect your items: First stop is the guidance table for your diploma and other important documentation. Students will follow staff directions to continue through the bus lane, making stops at tables. We will have some gifts for all, and some special items for select students. We’ll have some staff at the end of the bus lane to wave goodbye and send you on your way off campus.
- Also, If a student ordered a yearbook, we will have a Yearbook table curbside for families to collect their yearbook that is paid for. If you did NOT order a yearbook, we have extras to sell. We can accept cash or check for $85.
- If the Senior needs to enter the gym or main building for any reason, we’ll direct the vehicle to PARK IN THE BACK of the building. ONE person will exit the car, following social distancing, to enter the building through back stairwell doors.
- There will be staff in the gym to greet and support students accessing the locker room one at a time. If a student needs to get something from another part of the building, staff will escort the student to the specific area to retrieve items and exit building promptly using designated entrance/exit.
Mon, June 8 - Graduation Day; Social Media Celebrations of Seniors all day long with ceremony premier at 6pm
Tues, June 9 - Seniors can come to McKean to return chromebooks, athletic uniforms, and any other borrowed school property. After we collect all outstanding items or the cash equivalent for any lost items, seniors will be able to pick up diplomas, any senior awards, their senior t-shirt, a yearbook if you ordered one, and a few other surprise gifts. We hope for this process to be emotional, as it will be an official final good bye and good luck. Seniors will have minimal access to the inside of the building during this process. We will release more details as this date approaches, including our safety protocols.
Click here and scan the QR code to see more information.
Delivery: Thursday, May 14 between 8a-5p
Take a pic with your sign and e-mail it to BreanneJ.Prisco@redclay.k12.de.us or post it to social media @WeAreMcKean
Some graduates may not find their sign tomorrow for one of a few reasons, but not to worry we have back up plans too.
- If you know that your eschool address is wrong or if you don’t want your sign delivered, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- One reason you may not get a sign is because you haven’t finished all of your school work and you haven’t earned your credits to graduate.